Friday, November 6, 2015

Thanksgiving Challenge Day 5

Today I give thanks for a living God. This may not make sense to those who have never lived in an idolatrous land. Every street corner you will find either a bhuddist momentary or an idol of any shape or size. It is widely accepted you worship them only out of fear of the powers they believe they have over their lives. No one comes to them with a request from their heart for help, comfort or love. It's not even expected.

But when I look at my life these last tumultuous 6 months I KNOW my God has eyes and ears. Why? Because he has every day seen my needs and provided. He has heard my pleas for comfort and direction and for daily needs and he has answered. I may not understand every move he makes but I know He is real, I know he hears me, I know he loves me, I know he will always provide & I give thanks.

 

2 comments:

  1. Amen, so blessed to serve a God who cares. Croatia is quite idolatrous but I can only imagine how much more your part of the world is. It's heart breaking to see them live in darkness. Glad your family is there to open their eyes to a loving God. BTW, nice blog, I'll be back. I love missionaries!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for visiting my blog:) Love new friends in the blog world. I saw your blog. I didn't realize what a beautiful fall Croatia had! Wow! God Bless:)

      Delete

Thanks so much for enjoying the third world journey with me. I always enjoy kind and uplifting comments!