Thursday, November 26, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving from Nepal

 

The week began with momma bear putting her game face on and coordinating to do lists for each day until thanksgiving. Very helpful, mostly necessary but I just Reaallly love lists:) and let's face it blondey can't keep up without having them.

Tuesday we bought our pumpkin and toted it home on the motorcycle :)

Cut in half, lil oil, pierce and roast. Scoop it out when soft and blend, waalah! Not near as hard as it sounds. Out comes creamy pumpkin goodness.
Also highly enjoyed by baby McTague:) Then come pies.

I've been patiently awaiting strawberry season since we arrived home in March. A local strawberry grower just started selling!! I arranged a pick up and received 2.5kg. Which would soon find there way into strawberry pie, strawberry cranberry jello and thanksgiving morning smoothies:)

 

Luckily there was enough caffeine in the house to keep me going till tummies were full. We were excited to enjoy all the yummy traditions of thanksgiving and good friends.

There was not a corner left unfilled!
Sadly I didn't take a picture before the Carnivors attacked:)

We have much to be thankful for this holiday season. We appreciate all our friends and family who love and support us as we minister across the globe. This week in the midst of my grandmas passing to heaven I spent some time on the phone with family. I have never felt so supported! God has given me great family that puts the Lord first and desires his will more than anything. While we would love to spend every holiday and grieving moment together the Lords plan is bigger and we are in it together. I'm so proud and thankful for the parents that raised me, the church that trained me and the loving hands that guide me and the Lord that comforts and leads me. I have had the best and everyday I'm reminded of it.

"Mom and Dad, every thanksgiving and holiday I love having our skype dates! I've always known yall were great parents but I learn more and more you are greater than I know!" Xoxoxo

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for enjoying the third world journey with me. I always enjoy kind and uplifting comments!